Tuesday 14 June 2011

A Small Detail.

Today (14/6/11) my father and grandmother visited the House of Lords. In my world this normally happens about 2-3 times a year so there was really no reason for the youngsters in the lower house to get all excited about their arrival at around 14:30. Anyway apparently my father got to sit at the top table right next to Baroness Gardiner of Park and the main topic of conversation was assisted suicide as inspired by the Terry Prachett documentary that was shown on BBC 2 yesterday which we did not watch. So I think that's the myth of the higher echelons of the British state having no knowledge of the case thoroughly dispelled because although I didn't telephone them Croydon Magistrates Court now have less then three weeks left.

Elsewhere the Royal Ascot horse racing meeting has begun in well Ascot. Apparently the course owners had called in market research people in to ask race goers how they felt about the use of the whip. Apart from the obvious sexual innuendo this was an attempt to gauge whether or not I should be granted use of an Asp baton for self protection. As it's a Tuesday night and I've been to the pub personally I'm thinking I will require at least a Crown exemption and a shotgun.

Anywat 22:51 BST.

No comments: