Tuesday 7 June 2011

The Big News.

After the Royal foreplay Britain is preparing for the biggest wedding of the year when in August my mother gets married.......to another woman. If you're still trying to find a way to break this news to the religious right then bear in mind that I've still got to find a tactful way to explain it to my father.

If it's any consolation then the woman she is getting married too is an atheist lawyer who works for the British government so it's more of a legal ceremony then a religious one. The biggest problem I have is that I've been asked to sign the marriage register as a witness to the ceremony. This will make it quite a bit more difficult for said lawyer to certify my passport photographs while pretending not to be one of my relatives. The second problem is that I will have to attend a big wedding reception. There I will meet said adjectives family for the first time along with my solider cousin, his wife and their child. His brother, my cousin, his girlfriend and my other cousin. But before I do all that I've got to buy a suit because apparently because it's a lesbian wedding I'm not allowed to turn up in drag.

No comments: