Saturday 27 March 2010

A Thought Has Occured.

I know it took a while but it is Saturday.

The Office of Public Guardians (OPG) is an example of a Quasi-Autonomous, Non-Governmental Organisation (Quango). As I think is now pretty well established Britain intends to tackle its economic problems by slashing the budgets of or shutting down entirely certain Quango's. As it was set up by the Labour government under a Conservative government the OPG is going to be at quite high risk.

While I think my problems with the OPG will be solved with a quick chat the absolute doomsday scenario is that I will have to make a paper submission to the Court of Protection (CoP) over the matter. Even if this submission is handled by a bent judge the CoP will find it very hard not to rule that the matter stills falls under the OPG's jurisdiction and send it back to them while pointing out that they're not doing the job they are being paid for.

That is the sort of thing that is going to make it very hard for the OPG to argue that the Treasury should continue funding them. So while they think they're securing their future by doing me damage they're actually writing their own suicide note.