Tuesday 23 March 2010

Go On Admit It

You prefer it when I'm being lazy.

Apart from writing long, rambling and slightly shouty text messages and blog posts I've also been in touch with the my grandmothers GP's surgery to discuss their recent decisions regarding her treatment. I had hoped that this could have been dealt with by a brief chat in which I informed them of their current boundaries and obligations while gently nudging them back to the principles of the NHS. Unfortunately in the rather anxious conversation with their manager I got the impression that they might be prepared to go to war on the matter which makes me think they might have dipping into their own stash. It turns out that the collective "they" would like me to make a full written complaint that will be investigated "thoroughly" by them. Printer permitting this is something I will do tomorrow and in doing so will advise them that it would be a very sensible idea that for the duration of the investigation my grandmother's contentious, weekly prescription is not renewed.

At present my grandmother is on the 5 piqug/hour seven day patch. As the main objective of this prescription was to provoke a confrontation I can't be bothered with the argument to take the patch (it's like a nicotine patch or an elastoplast) off her. After all, save for a catastrophic allergic reaction that would have happened by now, this single dose is not going to do much damage on its own.

Apart from that I should point out that I am currently watching "The Delicious Ms Dahl" and on one drunken outing I believe I did meet the eponymous' double. But much like tonight it was a very drunken evening so I'm sure couldn't remember any of the details.

No comments: