Saturday 27 March 2010

I've Been Doing Some Reading.

Most of it has been research that I hope to bring together in a dull but important post in time for the Haiti's donors conference.

I've also had a close look at what I will have to do in the event that the OPG don't respond well to polite conversation. In that case all I need to do is go to the Court of Protection on Archway in London, pick up a form check one of four a boxes on the form, sign it, date it and hand it back. Although this whole business has been so dodgy I'm entitled to check all four of those boxes I've narrowed it down to the two best options.

Option 1. Due to a procedural error at the OPG the statutory instrument (LPA) does not exist. This is the quickest and easiest because the CoP will have no choice other then to send the whole matter back to the OPG with a big black mark against their name and I won't have to answer any questions about my grandmothers health or domestic situation.

Option 2. The statutory instrument was obtained through fraud or intimidation. This will be a little more complicated but a lot more fun because it will compel a judge to open a criminal investigation into fraudulent behaviour by Croydon Council and a number of its arm length authorities.

While this latest little episode has actually left me in a stronger position then I was in yesterday it has really p****d me off. So the bad news for the Brits is that large compensation figure they were complaining they couldn't pay, well it's just got a whole lot bigger.

No comments: