Saturday 27 March 2010

More Ineptitude from The Quango's.

Just received a letter from the Office of Public Guardian (OPG) informing that I am unable to raise an objection to these LPA's because the period for objections expired on February 22nd 2010. I'm just fired an email back to them explaining this is not the case. I am awaiting a response and expect them to be difficult. There is of course still no need to worry because for these LPA's to be enacted the matter will still have to go through the Court of Protection. There the OPG will have to successfully argue that Febuary 22nd 2010 occurred before December 11th 2009. I know they're based in Birmingham but last time I checked that isn't actually a parallel universe.

While I'm on the subject my grandmother's buprenorphine has started to kick in. This means she's experiencing increased sleep disturbance, headaches, difficulty tracking conversations, slurred speech and increased balance problems that have resulted in one fall and a head injury. A little part of me hopes that this news from the OPG encourages her doctor to continue the treatment because I for one will be fascinated to read her clinical justification for doing so.

No comments: