Wednesday 10 March 2010

Now Where's the Fun in That.

As I've explained before Croydon Council's harassment strategy is based on two key housing association properties near my home. The first of these is located diagonally to the right, across the back garden on Richmond road. This property is responsible for all the break ins at my home and most of the burglaries across the borough. The second property is located directly next to mine and shares a common wall. This property is managed by an agency called Croydon Association for Young Single Homeless (CAYSH) and is normally multiply occupied by four women aged 18-25.

Now that I've effectively locked down the activities of the burglary property the CAYSH property has become vitally important to the harassment strategy. Preparations for this property to take over the lead role began in January 2010 when two of the existing residents were moved out and two new ones were moved in. After taking a few weeks to get their bearings these new residents got on with what they were put in the property to do. On Thursday March 4th they invited their friends round, turned up the stereo and held a party that went on for the next four days.

Although a bit annoying this was nothing compared with when I used to live in Brighton between two nightclubs and near the guy who was in no way responsible for the 20k sound system used to put on illegal parties in the abandoned factory at the bottom of the garden so I was able to sleep through most of it. Unfortunately most of the rest of my street weren't so the managing agency got deluged with complaints. This meant that the noise abuse was shut down before I was able to blow the dust of my stereo and respond in kind. Also the complaints have given CAYSH the opportunity to try and open a dialogue with me in the hope of getting me to act as an unpaid consultant in the best way to manage the property and its residents who've probably not had the easiest of lives.

Apart from that I finally got round to responding to the Office of Public Guardians (OPG). It was a pretty standard email just bringing them up to date on the situation and asking for advice on how best to deal with my father going around falsely telling people he has power of attorney over my grandmother. This was a good time to ask that question because my father who didn't like my grandmother's previous doctors diagnosis has go out without my grandmother's agreement to get her a new doctor who will tell him what he wants to hear.

Together these latest incidents do demonstrate that containment is simply not going to work so it is necessary to put in place robust barriers to moderate the Brits bad behaviour.

No comments: