Sunday 7 March 2010

That Jon Venable Conversation.

Seeing as everyone's far more interested in it then I was at the time I should keep everyone in loop by telling you what was said between my mother and I regarding Jon Venables' rehabilitation as far as I can remember it.

Being a woolly minded liberal with rocks in her head my mother thought his rehabilitation would be successful. I on the other hand said something along the lines of;

"The state will probably condition him into paedophilia and then keep him on staff for the next time they want to rape someone's kids."

Today it's been speculated in the Sunday Mirror newspaper that three days after this conversation Jon Venables was recalled to prison over child sex offences. It's worth pointing out that the Mirror newspapers credibility was destroyed in 2003 when it published faked photographs supposedly showing British soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners. The consensus around the incident is that the then Editor of the Mirror, Piers Morgan had been set up by the then Prime Minister's Press Secretary, Alistair Campbell

No comments: