Friday 4 January 2008

Oh what a circus!

Sorry couldn't resist.

Today I lodged a formal grievance against one of my superiors at work on the grounds of bullying and that oh so popular technique of running to teacher means that I am facing an uncertain start to the new year but in my defence I must descend to the school yard once again and utter the immortal phrase "But she started it!"

As one of the charges of the grievance is that said supervisor abuses her position to manipulate other staff members in order to do me harm the only reasonable decision the manager can make is to suspended her immediately pending a full investigation especially as she has already moved to have me suspended without hearing.

He however will not do this for two simple reasons; firstly he doesn't like the idea of having to suspend a member of staff because it will leave him shorthanded and him seems to believe that it will be impossible to fill that vacancy.

Secondly said supervisor has just moved into a new flat and if she's suspended she won't be able to afford the rent on that flat and will be forced to piss off back to her parents or just go back to living on friends floors as she was doing before she got the flat.

I will agree that this is a bit unfortunate but she won't be the first in that situation and sadly she won't be the last and if people will insist on playing law of the jungle then they must take their money and take their risks.

If there is any justice left in the legal system it would appear that there is going to be a vacancy at work. This isn't the first time this had happened because the previous employee was forced out because the line manager was prepared to simply spend one day a week at the project he was managing.

It was found that this vacancy produced a bit of a problem because the failure to advertise the position anywhere else other then in the staff room meant that they only got one applicant.

So if anyone fancies earning £19,000 - £21,000 based on a five day week working 9:30 - 4:30 I suggest you send a CV and covering letter to Mind in Croydon, 18 Westow street, Se19 3AH.

Qualifications and experience do not seem to be an issue because the last person we gave the job too doesn't have any. That said some qualification in psychology or experience in care work (parenting for example) would be an advantage but primarily it's a retail job so if you have good interpersonal skills you will pick up the rest very quickly.

In other news being as it is a new year I have got myself a new diary. After the disaster that was last years diary with it's broken cover and pages flying about it the wind I decided to get a diary that was properly bound together. What I did fail to notice when I brought was that the binding on this diary was held together with a magnetic clasp meaning that embedded in the front and back covers there are two great big lumps of metal giving me a very hard diary but I think even a hard diary has an advantage over having different pages flying around all over the place.

No comments: