Thursday 10 January 2008

What a bloody Mess

Sorry for not posting very often but there's not really much going on at the moment and to be honest you'd much rather watch Ultimate Force then listen to me describe every episode in minute detail.

I suppose I could tell how my dad is constantly complaining that me, his mother, my mother, my sister - in fact pretty much everyone he meets eventually reveals a stubborn and irritable streak to their personality. However there seems little point because I can't be bothered to suggest to him that perhaps he is the problem while there's a salaried chorus line ready to tell him that there's nothing wrong with him.

The complaint against work is still with in the window of opportunity for the manager to act effectively but this looks like it could get interesting because according to rumour said manager's been off sick since receiving my letter. I know that people have always said the pen was mightier then the sword but I didn't think they meant it so literally.

The news has picked up a bit today. The British tabloids are full of the horror story that British Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan may have been infected with HIV/AIDS after been given un-screenend blood transfusions. Obviously the fact that the donors of the blood have all produced negative results to multiple tests means that in true tabloid fashion there is nothing to the story. The rumour however itself will create a panic and sell a few more papers and that's got to be easier then having to do a bit of research and write a proper story.

Also the dreaded birdflu is back with three swans in the Dorset being diagnosed with the condition. Obviously they died on Tuesday but it's taken this long for the government vets to figure out what was wrong with them.

I don't know about you but personally I'm taking this to mean that certain elements of society have figured out that their prediction that I would throw a little tantrum and then crawl back on my knees with my tail between my legs is starting to prove a little less then accurate.

This leads me on to my question of the day which is simply;

"If your predictions of a persons behaviour are repeatedly proved wrong does that mean the persons behaviour is wrong or does it mean you're not as good at making predictions as you thought you were?"

No comments: