Saturday 5 January 2008

Yesterday I saw lots of ambulances

Mainly because I did spend most of the day on an arterial route for the emergency services but there was also that one on TV carting Britney Spears off somewhere and that old pattern ambulance that appear to be stalking me, continually lurking just on the cusp of my field of vision.

The great trickle of brightly coloured vehicles and flashing lights did subtly implant on my subconscious the desire to be an Emergency Medical Technician.

Sadly though despite the belief of civil servants in Whitehall, tucking into their three hour lunches whilst patting themselves on the back over what a frightfully good job they're doing and telling each other how any of the proles should be glad of the opportunity to work in the NHS I was reminded of the words of everybody who actually works in the NHS and are more then familiar with the long, unsociable hours, the piss poor pay, the directionless management strategies, the endless, pointless and contradicitory reform programs, the stress, the violence and wall to wall grief.


These people have a simple one word of advice for anyone considering starting work in the NHS: DON'T!

Anyway today's question is the same question that's been asked everyday since June 2007 and it is simply;

"Where are the results of my book-keeping course?"

No comments: