Thursday 17 January 2008

Today I have mainly been cooking

For reasons not yet fully understood I decided to cook tomorrow's dinner tonight so I can stick it in the fridge and heat it up tomorrow in a manner that will make the food standards agency cry.

After three hours of doing that I then spent another hour and half helping my gran cook tonight's dinner and I've had enough so Gordon Ramsay's great cook off can fuck right off because all this productivity is ruining my DVD watching missions.

Yesterday was more interesting and less kitchen orientated because I had to go and see my doctor. It turns out work had emailed him a full copy of my recent missive so we spent an entertaining 15 minutes going through it line by line with me explaining exactly what I meant, making it all sound perfectly reasonable and at the same time in no way whatsoever explaining what I meant.

Interestingly the covering letter that accompanied the email my line manager described me as "arrogant" which has to be one of my favourite insults because it normally comes out when I'm arguing with someone about one of their core beliefs and it's easier for them to throw an insult then accept the tiniest possibility that maybe, just maybe they're wrong.

At the end of the appointment my doctor gave me my usual prescription and sent me on my way. Today I got that prescription filled as you may have noticed because prior to planes crashing the big news story of the day was the government releasing a report that the NHS drugs bill is far, far to high and all prescriptions should have the drug price printed on the box.

As I personalise every single piece of news in a very arrogant the world revolves around me sort of way I'm taking this to mean that the state is now begrudging the fact that I will now have to be on some sort of medication for the rest of my life. If that is the case I can only say that they should have thought of that before they failed me and my family so catastrophically for the first 19 years of my life and they should have certainly thought of that before they dedicated so much time and effort into trying to drive me insane because I'm not exactly ecstatic about the prospect either.

No comments: