Tuesday 8 October 2013

It's Tuesday Night and I'm Back From the Pub !!!!!!!!!

And because there's no football on I can take the time to tell you that there were no problems whilst I was there and because nothing in my immediate eye line is on fire nor dead there are no major problems now I've returned home.

Whilst I was out US President Barack Obama was giving a press conference on the current US government shutdown and the looming fiscal cliff/debt ceiling debate . I actually think that the timing of this press conference was specifically chosen to minimise my chances of answering back. Sample dialogue would have included;

Obama: "House Republicans don't get to demand a ransom to do their jobs."

Me: "Aye but unlike some the House Republicans do, on occasion, actually do their jobs."

Obama: "We cannot negotiate with a gun to our heads"

Me: "So I assume you'll be putting the Obamacare gun away then. After all it's not like you had to shut the system down over the weekend because it's faulty."

Anyway much more importantly then all that I finally got up the courage to try the BBQ ribs that have recently been added to the J.D Wetherspoons menu. Although it was hard to tell because they were slathered in a very sugary BBQ sauce I generally approve. After all they were so soft you can eat them with a knife and fork keeping your dignity more or less intact.

In other news my father and I have shifted from the usual bi-Tuesday routine of going to the supermarket because a mechanic visited to service the car. We will of course endeavour to attend the supermarket on Wednesday. In the meantime I took the opportunity to prune a bush in the front garden before chopping the branches up into teeny, tiny pieces.

So basically I had an afternoon of successful gardening although I think I smoked more weeds then I pulled.

19:20 on 8/10/13.

No comments: