Friday 5 April 2013

Yep It's Going to be a B*tch of a Day.

Personally I expect to spend a large part of it stuck in traffic on my way to somewhere I've never been before to meet up with some cats either hate me or have forgotten who I am. Curiously they never seem to forget that they hate me.

Before I do that though I suppose I should give you my reading of the runes on this Chris Brown Court appearance. Through things like the disciplinary action being taken against members of the crew of the US Navy minesweeper USS Guardian and the release of a video showing the USS Guardian being broken up and removed from a coral reef in the Philippines the US is clearly very keen to give the impression that it could go either way. However although I'm far from pleased about it I am confident the US will continue to protect Chris Brown. This is most likely because Rihanna's CIA handlers have got so much resting on the plan that they dreamt up in roughly August 2012 that they simply can't let it go regardless of how clear the evidence is that their plan is going to fail. Either that or well frankly there are some people who just want to watch the world burn

What I find more interesting is US President Barack Obama's decision to position himself as fully responsible for the continued protection of Chris Brown. I think that Obama has managed to convince himself that this will be viewed by his circle of educated and successful black friends and family as him taking a great stand to tackle racism and further black empowerment within the US. After all it's hard to read through a list of names including;

  • Micheal Jackson,
  • Bobby Brown,
  • Whitney Houston,
  • Chris Brown.
Before someone says; "If a group are holding those people up as their icons maybe it's not racism that's holding them back?"

Of course this is likely to make Obama quite unpopular with the majority of black Americans and because he himself is black by extension quite a few white and hispanic Americans. The fact that the Chris Brown operation will continue is likely to make Obama and the US deeply unpopular with most other people on the planet.

Therefore, as I've said before, I think it would be a much better idea if Brown's protection was lifted and his was indicted to trial. However as it is a Friday this presents a problem all of it's own. Normal procedure dictates that Chris Brown would immediately be arrested at the Court house and then remanded in custody until he can be arraigned at the earliest possible opportunity. Due to the weekend that earliest possible opportunity is likely to be Monday (8/4/13) meaning that Brown will have to spend two nights in the County jail. Rihanna plays her San Jose concert on Saturday night and worries about Brown's safety in jail is not going to give anybody a restful weekend. However I'm sure it would be possible for Brown to be remanded in single cell somewhere even if that single cell is a hastily converted broom cupboard at the local police station.

Alternatively as this is a complex and high profile case I'm sure the California Attorney General would like to personally review the case file before making the decision to prosecute. As I'm sure you know the Attorney General lives at the other end of the state and California traffic is terrible over the weekend. So until that AG gets that paperwork surely it would be best to release Brown on his own recognisance over the weekend so he can be formally arrested on Monday.

16:55 on 5/4/13.

No comments: