Sunday 20 September 2009

Corrections & Clarifications

Yesterday I stated that the attack at St Andrews Church took place in 2000. This is of course incorrect because the attack actually took place on November 28th 1999. I made this mistake by quoting the date on a bravery commendation my father received to sounds of howls of laughter from the other 499 people in the church. Ideally I would now post of photograph of this commendation but the USB ports on my PC are still being blocked by GCHQ and the Americans still can't see a problem with that so I just have to describe it too you. It is a 10", silver plate inscribed with the words;

"Presented To
[people's names]
Who Have Been Placed On The 2001 New Year's Day Parade - London,
Roll of Honour
12th December 2000."

Now while New Years Day Parades are big news in the United States the 2001 London parade was such a non-event that neither I nor the media bothered turn up. Therefore I find it very hard not to conclude that although the attack took place just nine months after the start of the NATO mission in Kosovo someone in the British Establishment felt the need to make it a matter of public record that fresh attention was draw to the incident in 2001.

I've also managed to find a small photograph of the attacker taken before the attack online. Now if this man wasn't alive to speak for himself what religion would you guess he was a member of?

Photobucket


No comments: