Friday 8 March 2019

Cursed by Stars.

As you may have heard in the second week of January 2019 I developed a case of Influenza.

In the winter of 1918/19 there was a global flu pandemic. This killed at least 50 million people. More than double the number of those killed during the Great War of 1914-1918.

So far the 2018/19 flu season has killed at least 60 people. In Greece alone.

I hesitate then to say that I've had a bad case of the flu.

However even an extremely mild case of the flu is still infinitely worse than the worst common cold you've ever had.

I think this is actually only the fourth time the flu I've had in my entire life. I've had Meningitis once. I seem to remember that being more pleasant.

Since getting over the flu I've had a bit of a chest infection. I'm not sure if this is the remnants of the flu or something opportunistic which has sneaked in.

Either way it's been rather inconsequential. For the first two or three weeks I actually only noticed it when I was in the gym. The upper limits of my respiratory function not being quite what they should be.

However the stress and cigarettes of the breaking Shamima Begum scandal pushed it over the edge.

Since then it's still not really been doing much in terms of symptoms. Just some lethargy and lots and lots of phlegm. It has slowed me down a bit though and has frankly overstayed its welcome.

Today (8/3/19) it has emerged that Shamima Begum's infant son has died of a chest infection. Whilst in SDF custody in the Shangri-La area of Syria.

For the past few days now ISIL fighters have been complaining that they've not been getting the level of medical attention they feel they are entitled to. So I have obvious suspicions about this news.

Particularly when you consider the Virgin Atlantic flight from Barbados which was placed under medical quarantine at Britain's Gatwick Airport on Wednesday (6/3/19). After a number of passengers became ill with chest infections.

However it wouldn't surprise me if Shamima Begum's child did in fact die of natural causes. After all her two previous children died of natural causes.

So far in the winter of 2018/19 at least 27 infant children have frozen to death in Internally Displaced People's (IDP) camps in the Shangri-La area of Syria.

They were the truly innocent children of truly innocent parents.

They died not because they had been wounded. Nor because they had run out of food or suffered from illness. They died simply because they became too cold.

I hope the European Union (EU) and the United Nations (UN) bear that in mind ahead of next week's Syria conference.

Where they decide how much money they've going to give to Al Qaeda in the Sudetenland. In order to prolong this horrifying conflict.

20:25 on 8/3/19 (UK date).


No comments: