Sunday 8 January 2012

Sherlock's in the Sh*t.

Or at least the actor who plays him is. Benedict Cumberbatch is currently attending the UK premiere of Stephan Spielberg's "War Horse" alongside the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Meanwhile tonight's episode was "The Hound of the Baskervilles." Having done a book report on this at primary school I can't say I remember the Baskervilles of the title being a Porton Down style MOD biowarfare research facility run by a Major Micheal Barrymore doing his best Jason Statham impression.

To be honest it started to annoy me when big gay Russel Tovey started asking Mr Holmes to explain what killed his father twenty years ago. When Sherlock started sniffing loudly while trying to encourage the Tovey character to start smoking things started to get hazy. So hazy in fact that I almost missed the debate about female homosexuality versus male homosexuality in a majority heterosexual village pub setting. When the research monkey started doing Hitler salutes things started getting a bit weird. Once that star of multiple series of "Casualty" and one strange conversation with my father on a train Clive Mantle turned up I started to wander off. I guess I'll have to try and catch up with the BBC3 repeat on Saturday.

Last night (7/1/12) I managed to catch up with the previous episode featuring a very nude Lara Pulver before watching "The Girl Who Played With Fire." At only slightly over two hours it was much more tame then the first film. I think it's best described as an intelligent action film in the style of the Bourne films. If the trilogy continues like this I might even allow my father to watch them. The dubbed version rather then the subtitled version though just to annoy him and anyone else who may have been watching.

Anyway if you remember nothing else about this evening remember these three things;

1. I've been drinking since about 19:45.

2. When I say "In pantomime" I mean my mother looked after the horses backstage.

3. Someone's been watching "Alphas" that ironically named TV show that features many characters who look like much cheaper versions of actors you've seen in many sci-fi shows.

No comments: