Tuesday 10 January 2012

All Hail Privatisation.

You may remember that back in November 2011 I placed an order with online retailer Amazon which the British postal service The Royal Mail simply didn't bother to deliver so I claimed for the cost of the order against The Royal Mail's insurance. Today (10/1/12) I received a response from The Royal Mail. Although Amazon's UK distribution hub is in Fife, Scotland which is at least for now part of the UK because Amazon's European HQ is in Luxembourg Royal Mail are claiming that it was an international order so I will have to make a claim with Amazon and then Amazon can make a claim from the Royal Mail. I think I may well just drop the issue because that sounds like a lot of hassle. So much hassle in fact that it will probably just reach a point where Amazon decide it's not worth it an simply stop doing business with Royal Mail.

To me that looks like Royal Mail are now actively begging one of their largest customers to put them out of business so the profitable parcel delivery side of the business can be sold of to a private company. Now remind me what was David Cameron's announcement last Friday (6/1/12) about how he plans to bog down NHS nurses with so much needless bureaucracy that patient care collapses and people are forced to seek refuge in private health care providers.

No comments: