Tuesday 10 January 2012

Anyway True Story.

When I used to work at Selhurst Park - Crystal Palace's home ground we used to play Cardiff City lots. When Wimbledon were at home it was almost twice a season. Every time my boss and I would play this funny game where he would say; "Your grandmother's still Welsh isn't she?" And I would say "Yes" so he would say "Right you're in the away then. " I can't remember what I used to say then but it was never dull.

Anyway Crystal Palace won the first leg 1-0 with a 43rd minute goal by Gardner which I suppose leads me into a long story about Eric Cantona's bid for the French Presidency. In 1995 whilst playing for Manchester United Cantona famously kung fu kicked a Crystal Palace fan after being sent off. This story neatly explains just how close I live to Selhurst Park. Although I didn't go to the game I was out in the garden having a smoke when there was a loud "Boo!" when Cantona fouled quickly followed by a huge cheer when Cantona was sent off followed by the sound of 26,000 people collectively going "Eh!" when Cantona launched into his kick.

So anyway I've been smoking cannabis so not only have I been drinking with the Palace fan that Cantona kicked I also used to work with the guy who went into the crowd to get Cantona out afterward. If you don't think he's a scary man the big f*cking machete scar all down his back certainly is.

No comments: