Thursday 1 September 2011

It's True What They Say...

...After a while you get used to "The Killing."

or at least I would've done if I hadn't wasted the last 20 minutes of last weeks episode snapping a rat's back with a hoe before putting on some leather gloves to pick it up and snap it's neck as it bit onto my trouser leg as if it was his last moment on earth.

Anyway it's 22:40 on 1/9/11 and I'm going to need to upload some clever words before I edit and continue this post.

22:41 after my Internet connection being twattish and gay.


Edited at 00:02 on 2/9/11:

Obviously we were talking about the US remake of "The Killing." I am aware that the Scandinavian original has been shown frequently on BBC4. Unfortunately my father who is a deaf man and therefore needs to watch all TV programs with subtitles is curiously resistant to TV programs with foreign subtitles so we had a complex debate about the possibility of starting the colourful start of series one of the French TV show; "Spiral". Somewhere in the process of this discussion we touched on my little brother who reviews TV shows for a living so can discuss, at length, the angry arguments over how the American version changed the name of the killer in the final episode.

Oh and is this reportable?: On Sunday August 28th 2011 at around 20:25 - just as the BBC2 drama "Page Eight" was coming to a climax the family of black rats at #50 Beechwood opened up on the common wall with a hammer drill. After five minutes they stopped but opened up again at around 20:34 for about 30 seconds. When they opened up for a third time at around 23:03 my deaf father decided that this was too much so went round to have a word. Although I'm not aware of the incident I believe one of the black women blamed the noise on another black women who was only down for the Carnival. The masculinity of the man of the house is still being debated at great length.

And I've clearly been on the Kronenbourg so for 9.4bn points can anyone guess which character with the tattoo of a cross on his spine and an obvious sniff habit I most closely resemble in the US version.

00:18, saved by my spell check.

No comments: