Tuesday 13 September 2011

Apparently We're Not Visiting My Grandmother Today.

At around 14:00 today (13/9/11) my sister is coming up to visit. According to my father this made it completely impossible to go and visit my grandmother and speak to her consultant following the Tuesday ward round at 12:00.

Clearly this is my father using blocking tactics. Partly because like the other locals he has yet to accept that this situation is only going to end one way and it's not the way they planned. Mainly though it is just an attempt on his part to buy time in the hope that something, anything will come up at an unspecified point in the future to alter the situation.

This is a shame because I was hoping to sort all this out through negotiation and mutual agreement but sadly there is a limit to how long you can delay giving medical treatment to a sick person.

No comments: