Friday 23 September 2011

Dale Farm Update.

The High Court hearing into the Dale Farm eviction has begun and the Judge, Justice Edwards-Stuart has already indicated that as far as he is concerned all questions about the legality of the eviction have been answered. They are now arguing over all the technical details of every item and person on the site right down to the last paving slab. That means there is little chance of a decision being reached by the close of business today (23/9/11) meaning that the hearing will resume on Monday (26/9/11).

In the meantime lawyers representing the residents of Dale Farm are in the process of submitting three applications for Judicial Review on grounds I am not aware of. If these applications there will be a further delay while those Judaical Reviews take place.


Edited at 18:10 on 23/9/11: With the Dale Farm verdict not expected until Monday now this afternoon I found myself with some unexpected free time on my hands so I went to visit my grandmother. With my sister also in town on her day off I also met up with her at the hospital. Beyond that there's really not much to report. I didn't mention it in advance because it was spur of the moment decision and I only got back in time for the start of Abbas' speech. I won't comment on that until the Israeli speech has also taken place which with time difference will probably mean tomorrow (22/9/11).

No comments: