Saturday 23 August 2008

I was joking about the MRSA

The hospital my grandmother is at has quite good infection control so it would take a very dedicated effort to infect her. I still wouldn't put it past them though but she's out of surgery and it seems everything has gone well. Of course I still waiting for the explanation of why they denied access to such a simple procedure for so long.

Earlier this week I commented to some people on police surveillance techniques by saying that you can really have some fun if an informant doesn't know their cover has been blown. I would expand on this by pointing out that it is a very risky strategy but if you do it correctly the effects can be hilarious. For example if you were to tell a known MI5 informant that there is an active plot to kill an MI6 asset the security services would be forced to rally round that asset in order to protect her. Doing this of course would confirm the assets status to the people she was supposed to infiltrate and render her useless meaning that her current posting will be her last.

What however you cannot factor in is the pure callousness of an organisation that will leave a young woman to suffer in a relationship with inbuilt non-viability even though the purpose for which that relationship was constructed can now never be completed. I believe they are currently trying to justify this too themselves by pretending that the asset can somehow be retread or used as a diversionary tactic at some point in the future.

Having caught up, today has been quite a good day because we got the rarest of rare things, a postal delivery. Obviously my magazine subscription had been edited out. I can only presume that this means that something important has happened in the world and having totally failed to predict it MI6 now need a couple of weeks to work out what it all means. Either that or Britain is still trying to convince themselves they're doing well by pretending the rest of the world doesn't exist.

I did however get a letter from the Department of Work and Pensions telling me that they are still processing my claim under the misguided belief I failed a medical back in January. There was also some unintelligible scribble about July but the bulk of the letter was quite simple. All the decision maker requires to make the correct decision is a back dated sick note and a report from one of their GP's stating that I am unfit work. These two documents shouldn't be too hard for the state to provide after all they've been telling the world they provided them five years ago. Frankly I'm at a loss to see why they are taking so long because the issue of back dating is a simple logic 1 logic 0 decision and not up for debate.

I understand it must be very difficult for the government to assign a financial value to my work because even on the rare occasions they're given permission to see it they rarely understand it but the contract they agreed to back in November puts it at £150 per hour and their account is currently running in excess of £4million. If that figure is too uncomfortable for them we have to go into the costs of their alternatives. To do this we have to look at Operation Eagle Claw which was a mission by US special forces to rescue hostages from Iran. It caused the loss of 3 Sea Stallion Helicopters, 1 Hercules Transport plane and 8 Special forces soldiers. At 1970's prices it cost around £60million and failed. I'm no financial expert but personally I would settle for the £4000 option.

In the same delivery I also received a letter from the Governments "Business Links" service asking for the phone number which would allow me to attend one of their workshops providing "valuable information to support your business". Assuming they weren't actually going to drag me down to a hotel to tell me I must really hate myself to attempt to start a small business in the current economic climate I sent it back with the telephone number for Jacqui Smith the UK home secretary after all she is the one with the lawful authority to do what is required for me to consider talking to these people. Of course I could be the one to tell everybody how the Joint Intelligence Committee advised her to get on with it way back in June . I can't see why I should bother though after all she's probably sitting at home telling herself her plan has worked despite all the evidence to the contrary so there seems little point arguing with someone like that.

No comments: