Thursday 13 December 2007

Well thats public transport up the tits then.

I woke up this morning and the London Underground Central Line was closed east bound due to over-running engineering works meaning an arsehole of a day for my mum and her missus (god if my dad ever got remarried this would really get complicated!) And the Victoria line between Brixton and Victoria was closed for exactly the same reason.

This evening when I tried to get the bus home it appeared a few before had been cancelled meaning that my bus was late, packed and the traffic was terrible but hey it's winter so you have to expect that sort of thing don't you?

Needless to say it's been yet another annoying day what with difficult journeys and the shit still being on the floor claiming £6000 a year more then a nurse who would be asked to do a tougher job with fewer resources. But as she was the only applicant for the vacancy she's got to stay there to prevent us having the "Why are we forced to pay over the odds for fourth rate staff?" conversation.

You will excuse me of course then if I all but fail in bringing a clever punchline into this delusional rant but I am forced to ask the question;

"Is the British state at war with the British People because for some reason it is finding it more and more difficult to win battles on foreign fields?"