Wednesday 19 December 2007

Another day, another visit from the postman

and still nothing for me (except of course a letter informing me that the Tamworth road mental health team are in fact located at Tamworth road?!?!).

Obviously what I'm still despreatley waiting for is any news on my book-keeping course. You know the one where the money has been paid out and the work has been done yet we're still sitting here waiting to see a result but I suppose if you're looking for an allegory for the British State it doesn't get much clearer then that.


Anyway this abscence of progress does give me the oppotunity to give you an update on the thieving Linda situation;

Firstly there was much screaming and shouting at my dad to finally encourage him to get off his arse and take steps to try to improve his existence ( a step which derailed a much more effective plan which would have led to him not having to be encouraged) we were rewarded with a Police Community Support Officer.

This poor fellow sat in our kitchen in much of a panic because his radio was far too complicated for him to work and he had to meet two collegues in the park later and you can't have PCSO's walking around after dark on their own.

When I was a traffic warden we used to solve problems like this by picking a time, picking a place and getting ourseleves there unfazed by the complicated process known as "walking" but then we didn't have to carry the extra weight of those stab vests and all that taxpayers money in our pockets.

Once we'd re-assured this PCSO that if he couldn't phone his friends we'd walk him to the park and hold his hand until they turned up we finally got round to a conversation of what to do (admittedly this was just me telling him what to do and him failing to understand, but they couldn't possibly be expecting complinace could they?). This left us with four options;

Option A: Quick, effective and so cheap it might actually turn a profit.

Option B: Long, complicated and expensive but ultimately effective.

Option C: Long, complicated and expensive but ultimately ineffective.

Option D: The governments brand new initiative that still needs testing in the field but I can tell you now for free that it won't work.

After much fiddling my dad decided that options A, B and C would best not be undertaken because the government has already paid out thousands to get option D written up and passed through parliment. Then they've then paid out another couple of thousand to make the PCSO's aware of the new plan so we may as well pay out another couple of thousand finding out that it simply won't work but hey it gives my dad the oppotunity to sit at his computer fiddling while his mothers world just get worse.

I have to say fucking hell because I'm used to hearing that grasses will sell their own mothers down the river but you never expect to see it in your own home and to think he's got the nerve to walk into rooms and introduce himself as her "carer".

So sorry world this is what I'm being asked to aspire to and if I dare to improve on the design I can expect to be crushed into the ground.

So todays question is;

"What story would you like me to tell tommorrow. The tale of the Beslen Massacre or J18 story?"

No comments: