Tuesday 11 December 2007

Bastard fucking book keeping course

Now while it would be nice to pretend we live in a world where money is no more and nobody needs to work or that one day a university would swoop down and offer me a full scholarship that reflects my age, rank and length of service (20+years btw) sadly this is looking unrealistic so I decided to arm myself for the world of work by enrolling on a course and picking up a few skills.

When I first did this there was outrage because obviously the British state is all seeing and all powerful (don't laugh foreigners) so there were tantrums, shouting and arguments right up until the point I attempted to subtly knudged certain people along the learning curve. Then another company offered me the chance to give them a large sum of money in return for a book I already had a copy of and the chance to have a number of assignments marked and a qualification issued in the highly unlikely event that the assignments would be correctly completed.

The problem is way, way back in June I submitted my final assignment and nothing happened. After months of waiting and praying I discovered that my assignment had not been marked because it had gone missing in the post. Dutifully I redid the assignment and sent it off six weeks ago. Since then I've heard nothing. All day I've been phoning the company concerned, leaving messages left right and centre but still nothing has happened.

I must say at this point I am very disappointed as all I want is my money back because they have now twice failed to meet their obligations under the contract and as with the student loans there was a viable plan on the pitch long before the had to get involved.

Aside from all the nuisance I have noticed a news report stating that people across the UK are now struggling to meet their mortgage payments which causes me to affect an air of sarcasm and ask the question;

"Why should I care. It wasn't my fault you overestimated your earnings and got yourself into debt?"

No comments: