Friday 15 January 2016

So Apparently This Has to be Posted.

You know how my father's a major hypochondriac.

Well he's finally taked his doctor into ordering a surgical biopsy which was performed in hospital yesterday (14/1/16). For some reason this had to be done under an opiod based general anaesthetic rather than a local anaesthetic. As a result I had to pick him up from hospital yesterday afternoon and keep an eye on him until the euphoria wore off.

Basically he talked at me for like five hours. A particular highlight was;

Him: "I don't know what was in that saline they gave me but I feel amazing!"

Me (silently): "Fentanyl, by the looks of things."

I suppose if nothing else it serves to highlight how the Brits deliberately sent my grandmother - his mother - dotty by effectively hooking her up to an opiod IV for the best part of a year.

The UK obviously tried to seed the drama with the start of a trial on Wednesday (13/1/16) - the newspapers yesterday - of two anaethetists at Tunbridge Wells hospital on a charge of manslaughter by way of grand negligence for essentially killing a patient with anaesthetic.

As a result a lot of people are viewing the death of British actor Alan Rickman as highly questionable. The French in particular seem to be struggling to hold their sh*t together.

I have to say that the whole thing strikes me as an awful lot of hassle for the sake of a few pelvic floor exercises.

15:00 on 15/1/16 (UK date).


No comments: