Wednesday 7 August 2013

I Suppose I Can Lift the Embargo.

Basically my father went down to Wales for a flying social visit today. As a result I spent the day enjoying having the house to myself. I did though find some time to contact some solicitors. This wasn't particularly successful with me basically getting secretaries and voicemail. This is actually quite common when you're trying to get hold of people who work in large organisations. There is though a possibility that MI5 were redirecting my phonecalls in an effort to prevent me obtaining legal representation. That's because if the law is followed there is only one outcome from this situation and that outcome will be highly undesirable for certain people.

Someone in the Republic of Ireland clearly thought it was the latter and phoned in a bomb threat about a US Airways flight from Shannon to Philadelphia. That threat has since been described as "baseless" and "unsubstantiated." Although the aircraft was a Boeing 757 its flight number was 777 meaning that this was also Ireland voting that the rest of the Rihanna operation should be scrapped. The US immediately rejected that by announcing that on landing the aircraft had been isolated. This was intended to give the impression that Rihanna was being isolated from unspecified negative influence amongst her core tour party. The make up of Rihanna's core tour party is something the US have desperate to get the Chinese interested in ahead of Rihanna's concerts in the country.

23:20 on 7/8/13.

Edited at around 14:45 on 8/8/13 to add;

This afternoon I've been trying again to recruit a solicitor and my telephone calls were most certainly being interfered with. However using another phone line I was able to get through and provisionally now have representation. I'm not going to name the specific firm but they have extensive experience dealing with criminal law, mental health legislation such as the 1983 Mental Health Act, Court of Protection matters such as the Mental Capacity Act 2005, terrorism cases and immigration case involving crimes against humanity. As it represents the first opportunity for them to apply for legal aid funding my first meeting with them will be at the probable cause hearing on August 23rd (23/8/13). This is a bit annoying because if they had the funding to do preparation work the case should be dismissed there and then.

As for the legal aid issue I'm unemployed, eligible for sickness benefits, have no assets, the charge rests on a complex point of law, carries a risk of imprisonment and if all the medical issues are considered should qualify as a very expensive case. Therefore it would be highly unusual if legal aid was denied.

No comments: