Friday 4 March 2011

Sorry I've Been Resting.

On Wednesday (2/3/11) I had one of my routine appointments with my GP. This went well in that the fact I was clearly too tired to be forming proper sentences rendered the discussion about whether or not my prescription should continue null and void.

Meanwhile the civil war in Libya seems to have reached a natural pause. Government air strikes have continued in the east of the country and there has been a small anti-government protest in the Tajoora suburb of Tripoli which is much like saying the British government is about to fall because there have been riots in Brixton. The only real development is that today (4/3/11) rebel forces in Zuwarah have attacked the government troops who are strong pointing the town. This attack failed and resulted in the deaths of 30 rebel forces including the regional commander og rebel forces. The rebels are trying to claim this as a massacre but I think Qaddafi is actually being far more restrained then he needs to be by not declaring the entire town a Fallujah style free fire zone and getting on with the job properly. There are also reports that rebel fighters have mounted an attack on the town of Ras Lanuf but at the time of writing there are no reports of how successful those attacks have been.

So as I'm not expecting any major developments in Libya over the (western) weekend I'm going to be trying to take a couple of days off.

No comments: