Friday 25 March 2011

March 26th.

This is actually the date of my brother's birthday. That meant that tonight I've had to be out with my mother, her partner and my brother to celebrate. On Sunday I'll have to be out to celebrate again with my brother, father and grandmother. As a result it is unlikely that I'll be able to get it together enough to attend the March for the Alternative.

That's a shame because it looks like Saturday will be a big one. Everyone my brother knows will be going and everybody my mother knows will be going. Not only that but everyone my mother's partner knows will be going and they're all high level civil servants who normally are not allowed to express a political opinion let alone attend a protest march. The rumour that's going around is that a group calling themselves the Legal Defence Monitoring Group have released a telephone number; 07946 541 511 for anyone arrested during the protest.

This really takes me back to the old days when people used to write a number like on that on their arms in case they were arrested and needed to have the police inform someone of their detention.

As for dinner tonight it went well. The only problem was you know these cuts to the front line NHS that the government is definitely not making well my mother who's a front line NHS manager is defiantly not having to make a lot of people redundant.

No comments: