Monday 20 April 2009

God That Was Very Nearly Stressful.

After yesterday's rather cryptic post I should probably add texture and context. Obviously I don't want to post details of my grandmother's medical records but it is fair to say she suffers from certain problems with her bones and joints. These are the result of old age and there is nothing the medical profession can do about them and we wouldn't expect them too.

However rather then simply letting the matter lie Croydon health authority and by extension MI5 and at this point I believe the Queen herself are working very hard to convince my grandmother that she is suffering from other medical problems she simply isn't. Aside from psychologically wearing her down the idea of this is to get her to pay for a home help from the Croydon chapter of Age Concern. As this home help has already made it quite clear that they won't be prepared to provide any help around the home the only purpose of this exercise seems to be to bring an extra observer into the household ahead of my brothers return from Europe.

Obviously I'm coping with this but I have to say that I really object to it being referred too as a care system. It's not, this is simply a system of abuse designed to do nothing more then cause maximum damage to me, my grandmother, my father and my brother. The most frustrating bit though is my father fully understands that this is a system of violence and chooses to participate in it yet cannot work out why his life gets worse with every passing day(!)

No comments: