Thursday 3 April 2014

Worst Burglary Ever.

About an hour ago I was sitting in my living room watching TV while my father was sitting at the kitchen table. Apparently suddenly the back door opened and a black male approx 14-18 walked in. Obviously my father looked at him a bit surprised and he looked at my father more then a bit surprised. He then snatched a plastic wallet containing a "Freedom Pass" that gives pensioners free travel on buses and trains and is easily replaced from the kitchen table.

It was at this point my father shouted out, I burst into the kitchen and he made off down the drive with me in pursuit. With him getting on a bike I gave up after about 70 metres. However in his rush to get away this guy dropped a laptop bag containing an old laptop and some old, pre-decimal coins. That has now been handed over to the police who will examine it to tie it to a suspect or a similar burglary. A small part of me hopes that the police fail on both counts because after three months that laptop becomes mine and well getting burgled and ending up in profit is something of an achievement.

While I'm on local crime news I should point out that there was a similar type of robbery in the street on Sunday (30/4/14) when someone forced their way through the front door at around 08:00 in the morning. I don't know how that case is progressing but tonight's incident strikes me as someone trying to prove themselves in order to get into the local gang.

I must say though that I'm a little bit surprised that the local council has not yet moved to evict members of that well known gang from the borough.

20:15 on 3/4/14 (UK date).

No comments: