Friday 4 April 2014

I'm Archiving.

In talking about yesterday's (3/4/14) Fort Hood shooting I mentioned that I was debating whether or not to re-read and archive everything I wrote during the recent Sochi Winter Olympics because I couldn't remember a thing about it. I wasn't kidding. When I met up with my mother last Monday (24/3/14) one of the first things she asked me was what happened during the Olympics and all I could do was stare at her blankly. Since then I have been making a conscious effort to try and remember what happened.

However I feel I should point out that this memory loss isn't because I found the Winter Olympics in any way traumatic - it fact I quite enjoyed it. The problem is that when there is a huge amount going on although your brain processes the information it doesn't take the time to encode it into your memory. The same sort of thing can happen in traumatic incidents because - say - the death of a friend in an IED explosion is quite a complex piece of information to process.

Anyway I have decided that over the weekend I will re-reading and archiving everything important I wrote since the start of 2014. That's because if you've been planning something for a long time and then it happens really fast it can be difficult to keep track of whether you've succeeded or failed.

Not that I'm looking in anyone's direction in particular.

16:00 on 4/4/14 (UK date).

No comments: