Sunday 27 April 2014

I Don't Mean to Alarm Anyone But...

...There's been another family wedding.

It was the Welsh cousins this time and my father went down on Friday (25/4/14) morning and got back about an hour ago. I of course stayed home out of security concerns although after the August 2011 riots and the Lee Rigby murder it somehow feels like my national duty to avoid weddings.

Obviously the fact I was taking up a defensive position on my own prompted the US to try and fail to call out their dogs of war in order to increase the drama. To make matters worse on Thursday (24/4/14) I succeeded in spraining my left ankle. This was nowhere near as bad as my recent sprain of my right ankle - for example I can not only stand but also walk. However I've been in no mood to push my luck.

Fortunately though all this did give me the time and space to finally, finally watch "Tosca." Having seen it for the first time I have to say that it turned out to be an inspired random pick because the Miley Cyrus and Rihanna thing is starting to play out like a really, really bad version. After all the title character is a bit of a silly cow really and the US only seems happy when it is inhabiting the "Scarpia" role. Drake can keep his "1/9" codename though.

21:10 on 27/4/14 (UK date).

No comments: