Tuesday 29 April 2014

[Expletive] Turks, Always Ruining Football.

This afternoon my father received an email from a woman he vaguely knew through the Brixton gal whose wake was held at the now famous Devil's Bridge hotel in Aberystwyth, Wales, UK.

In the email this woman claimed that she was in Ankara, Turkey with her son where they were robbed of their cash, credit cards and cellphones. As a result they were wondering if my father could help them out paying their hotel bill. Keen to help my father emailed back but it turns out that for some reason the hotel couldn't accept credit card payment and the pressure of time meant my father couldn't make an instant bank to bank (BACS) transfer so instead he would have to send GBP 21000 in cash via the Western Union wire transfer service.

Obviously this spectacle of a damsel in distress needing a white knight to ride in to her rescue sounded a lot like a classic con-trick. However given my relationship with the Turkish government over things like Egypt and Syria along with Britain's dramatic helicopter rescue of a damsel in distress trapped in the tower of Wells Cathedral in Somerset, UK this in fact sounded like a very sophisticated con-trick

My advice to my father was to get said women to give him a telephone call before sending any money. However this was not good enough for him so after visiting the local Western Union office whose system was 'not working' he instead sent back an email asking her to confirm some personal details before shooting off an email to the British Embassy in Turkey to confirm the details of the story. As I write neither email has been responded to.

So although it sounds strange a part of me hopes that this family friend has actually been robbed in Turkey and that local crime gang has tried it on with my father. After all the alternative is that the UK has announced to the world that my father is indeed the man a Crown Court put in charge of my grandmother's financial and healthcare needs.

As I was dealing with all that I was unable to write an update on the situation in Ukraine but I promise that it will follow tomorrow and will be nothing short of awesome. In the meantime though as the situation has clearly worsened since the US gave its big speech on the Geneva agreement and introduced new sanctions it does look a lot like it is the US rather then Russia that is working to destabilise the situation.

While I'm here I should point out that I've got to the bottom of Monday's (28/4/14) teacher stabbing in Leeds, UK. Amid a lot of noise the UK is highlighting that they've realised that my 15 year old burglary suspect has killed off the entire Croydon operation which involves members of the local council, schools, hospitals, police etc. For example a lot of people are asking why Croydon police doesn't assign officers to local schools in order to identify known trouble makers like they do in Leeds?

19:30 on 29/4/14 (UK date).


No comments: