Friday 29 May 2009

Simon Everitt Murder Verdict.

Today in the news three people have been convicted of the murder of a 17 year old student called Simon Everitt. Apparently the two men and a woman kidnapped the victim, doused him in petrol and then set fire to him in a crime the judge described as being purely motivated by sexual jealousy. For slightly better coverage of the murder and the trial you can check out the BBC's website; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/8073886.stm

Once you know that my real first name is Simon the metaphor behind this story becomes quite obvious. I'm dead and the people who killed me are going to be punished. Of course like every word that comes out of the British States mouth the metaphor is inaccurate and the story is a work of fiction. The two main factual inaccuracies in the story are;

  • Clearly I'm not dead. That's purely wishful thinking on the Brits part. In fact no-one in my situation is dead and there is nothing about the situation that cannot be changed just as soon as the will to do so exists.

  • No-one's being punished. Quite a few of the people who are responsible for my situation have found their careers ended by events but none of them have been punished. In fact a number of them have been rewarded with either promotion or soft-landings.

It is interesting that the judge has labelled the motive for the crime to be sexual jealousy and this element of the story appears to be pushed to the fore. This is an attempt by the British Establishment to lay the blame for my current situation firmly at the gay communities door. This will no doubt lead to howls of homophobia but is actually fair comment because it is the gay community that holds full responsibility for all events post 2006. You will also notice that three years on they are still to disavow the Bristol Abuse Case as unacceptable behaviour.

Normally I wouldn't waste my breath commenting on Britan's propoganda efforts but this morning my grandmother's sister died of old age so the word dead especially wrankles with me today.

No comments: