Monday 8 December 2014

Solution Found?

In the run up to the COP 20 in Lima, Peru I have been experiencing problems with my PC. On Saturday (6/12/14) those problems became so serious that I was prevented from doing even simply things like downloading the daily program.

Essentially the problem is that even at idle the Central Processing Unit (CPU) has been running at around 80% of capacity. As such any time I tried to do anything the CPU usage increased until it exceeded 100% and shut down causing the machine to freeze. This may be due to malware that is drawing from the CPU all the time or simply that the CPU has been worn out over time. Either way the entire machine has gone back to the shop for repair and I'm using the other machine I picked up on the service contract when the machine had to be repaired after blowing its motherboard.

This means that we now have a little bit of a side event at the COP 20 to see whether this second machine with a different Windows operating system can be hacked to death before either the week is out or the original machine can be repaired. Worryingly this second machine already seems to be drawing a lot of physical memory from the hard disc which places significant wear and tear on the hard disc.

In the spirit of this UK/US co-production I hear that William Duke of Cambridge is visiting the US over the next several days. I believe the phrase we're looking for is; 'Kinging it up like it's 1775!"

12:40 on 8/12/14 (UK date).

No comments: