Tuesday 15 February 2011

So That Was the BRITs.

Less of an awards ceremony more of a field trip for students at the BRITs school of preforming arts based in, yes you've guessed it, Croydon. Apparently they meet critical mass on the trains at Clapham Junction and then continue to annoy people all the way to down Selhurst. Really I'm surprised that Croydon Courts haven't had to deal with more train related fatalities.

Speaking of which the most nominated artist was a guy called "Tiny Tempah." His break through single was called "Pass Out" and I'm certainly familiar with it because I had it played through the adjoining wall I share with the "henhouse" for about every day for two months. However if you look through the paperwork that I submitted to Croydon Magistrates Court you won't find it mentioned once. The henhouse is currently unoccupied with the human occupants apparently replaced electronic surveillance equipment.

Another big performer of the night was a guy called "Plan B." He took to the stage with some dancers dressed as hooligans and other dancers dressed as members of the Metropolitan Police's riot squad to stage a faux prison riot. Although this was mainly an attempt to insult the band known as "Take That" it's also worth a mention because the video for Plan B's first single, "She Said" was actually filmed at Croydon Crown Court.

The surprise of the night though was the appearance of the Canadian, female artist "Avril Lavigne." If you've ever broken into my house and rifled through my CD collection (no-one has today) you may have noticed that I have a copy of Avril Lavigne's album "Let Go." Sadly though it is only an empty CD case because I've never brought an Avril Lavigne CD and I've got no idea how it got there. God I miss drugs.

Apart from that I've been to the supermarket and brought some slippers before confirming that my grandmother is not yet dead. Now I intend to pretend to spend the next two hours reading up the latest news on the Internet but the sad fact is I'll probably just get drunk and fall asleep because surely a nineteen day week is enough to earn anyone a day off.

No comments: