Tuesday 22 February 2011

Hey, Hey it's Tuesday

And just to confuse everyone I went to the gym today rather then on a Monday as I normally do. This was mainly done because so far my weekend has looked like this; Saturday: Drinking. Sunday: Drunk. Monday: Hungover. And yes cooking Sunday night dinner was definitely a chore but I was hoping I could sneak that past without anyone noticing.

However I have been fighting that Monday morning feeling by going to the pub for dinner. My steak was actually improved by the chef's attempt to make me vomit by marinating it in Weatherspoons secret, spicy sauce and the arrival of the two stunningly beautiful, Scandinavian, blond barmaids causing a glut of men around the bar which delayed my access to beer. Apart from that though no immediate problems have arisen and as you may have noticed this has left me getting increasingly more drunk so it's probably best not for me to deal with Libyan issues tonight although Britain's suggestion of sending in a warship is unlikely to calm things down.

I can't though let the day pass without mentioning New Zealand's earthquake. At around 00:50 (GMT) a 6.3 magnitude earthquake struck New Zealand's second city of ChristChurch. Although a 6.3 earthquake is at the lower end of significant earthquakes this one struck at a very shallow depth of just 5 kilometres below the ground. As a result the majority of the explosive force was sent upwards towards the people and buildings. As many of these buildings had already been damaged by an earlier earthquake in September 2010 and significant aftershocks in December 2010 this earthquake made a right fucking mess with lots of destruction and, at current count, 65 dead plus at least 100 missing. New Zealand though is an economically developed country and a member of the Commonwealth so should be able to deal with this tragedy without me sticking my oar in and making matters much worse.

No comments: