Friday 18 February 2011

My Amazon Has Arrived.

I placed the order in the very early hours of Tuesday (15/2) and two thirds arrived on Wednesday (16/2) and the final third arrived on Thursday (17/2). The vast majority of what I brought was a film called "Serenity" and the second series of a US TV Show called "Dollhouse." These are both sort of sequels to the show "Firefly" so seeing as how I'd already taken the Sci-Fi hit I though I may as well fulfill the book. I don't know when I'm going to get time to watch them though because I've still got a box set of "The Pacific" sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

The third thing I brought was a low budget film that I've seen before called "Battle in Seattle." It tells the story of the N30 anti-WTO organisations in Seattle back in 1999. Even though it's a work of fiction it's actually a fairly accurate portrayal of the event even down to the toe-curlingly awful dialogue between the earnest activists. So if you don't know anything about the N30 protests this films actually quite a good place to start.

Now I know I may have offended some people by actually paying to watch these works but I've gone to the trouble of explaining to everyone what I'd brought so do you think Anonymous could leave Amazon alone this time?

Also this will probably be my last post for a couple of days because tomorrow I'm going out for a drink with a friend. There shouldn't be anything dramatic about this because it's just a social drink. In fact it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to fill out a movement order because maintaining normal social relationships is actually an essential part of my recovery.

No comments: