Friday 9 January 2009

Yikes! here comes the Fuzz.

This afternoon I popped out to get some milk. As I left my house a car pulled away with the driver making the mistake of using a mobile phone while at the wheel. When I returned about ten minutes later an under-cover police, anti-robbery squad car had pulled over a BMW and several, non-uniformed officers were busy spoiling everyone's day by searching the vehicle and it's four young, Muslim, male occupants.

If the police have been doing this sort of thing across the capital over the last week then tomorrow's anti-war demonstration (assemble Hyde Park corner, 12:30pm) is going to be something of a lively affair with group of angry young Muslim's (A) rubbing up against group of smug, Labour party donating Zionists (B). For their part the Anarchists have called for their very own anti-authoritarian block which will stretch the demo and split police resources even further increasing the possibility of one almighty ding dong.

It's a shame then that the UN have already passed a resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire which Israel have already rejected so I wouldn't be too surprised if the IDF used the static created by this demo as a cover to escalate their offensive within Gaza. Plus in case nobody's noticed Britain is about to enter a long and painful recession so it would be a shame if everybody got themselves injured, exhausted or arrested before the real fun started and we finally get a chance to rid ourselves of this disastrous government.

Seeing as the police have taken the trouble to come round and cordially invite me to tomorrow's protest I might wander along for a bit of a look but I'm not really sure I can be bothered to drag myself into central London for 12:30 to spend a freezing afternoon being annoyed by the police.

No comments: