Tuesday 27 November 2007

Today's been a bit of a wasted day really

I haven't been to work at the project today because frankly there's limited spaces and many, many people that need it's help. If life had been running to plan I would be working on the second part of that training course that the state has been opposed to me taking from the start. If I'd had the space to really work on it I may have been even putting those skills in to practice in a voluntary position but no the state has decided I'm not allowed to work so I've basically been sitting on my arse watching daytime TV. I did have a driving lesson but there's nothing really to report there, I just pootled around for an hour without making any mistakes.

While sitting around watching TV I did become fascinated by two news stories, the Governments "Funding Scandal" and the Annapolis "Peace Conference"

I wasn't interested in the "Funding Scandal" because of the supposed lack of integrity by the Labour party because there's nothing they've been doing that the Tories haven't been doing for decades. I was interested in it though because the donor at the centre of the scandal bears more then a passing resemblance to a guy who's just given my mate a job. Now without going into too much detail my mates had few troubles in his life with ADHD, drugs, crime and a father who was always away doing his duty in the navy but too his credit my mates been working on them and is now at the point where he's ready to get an honest job. All the state could offer him was 10 grand a year for 10 hours a day six days a week sitting in a van with some random stranger.

Then this diamond geezer of a guy stepped up and offered my mate a fair wage to act as a sort of fixer for his company. The pays better, the hours are better and it gives my mate the opportunity to learn how to do business. Obviously this unacceptable use of initiative and talent could not go unpunished so my mates girlfriend (she's the spitting image of Lynn off I'm a celeb) instantly lost her job leaving my mate to feed a family of three on a training wage. Also this "funding scandal" is going to create a bit of gossip and stress my mate new boss out a bit.

The Annapolis peace conference caught my eye because with a Scottish accent it sounds like a bit of a fucking clue. It's also caught my eye because it's yet another Arab-Israeli peace conference 7 years on from the last Arab-Israeli peace summit at Camp David in 2000 which was an Arab-Israel peace conference 7 years on the Arab-Israeli peace conference in Oslo in 1993. So the question of the day is; "Why is it the Israeli's are so keen to hold peace talks every 7 years?" Obviously I hould answer that question but why should I do the dog work? I thought the state had it all under control.

No comments: