Saturday 24 November 2007

Now here's an interesting text message

Quote:
Hey r u okay do u want to come down sometime i will pay
It's interesting because it's from my sister Lucy who is currently residing in a psychiatric hospital near Guilford. Why she's there is anybody's guess because she's been diagnosed with Anorexia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Bulimia and various personality disorders but one things for sure, she's fucking nuts, and if you were signing her off you would write "Non-specific anxiety disorder" but my sister would never need signing off because my god does she love to work. She was first diagnosed at 13 and from there went on to achieve 9 A* and 1 A at GCSE. She then went on to medical school which obviously ended up in another admission. There was some more study and a few more admissions before it was decided that she would go out to work so she went to get a job with Starbucks who worked her hard and kicked her into hospital a few more times but on the plus side she's worked so hard that the state has no responsability to house her.Now I'm sitting here with text messages landing on my head and being forced to make a decision. I could fly back in and order the troops to find a meaningful solution but last time I did that was in the heat of the Lebanon war where we were dealing with power outages, train cancellations and MI5 Suvellience teams so I played my strongest game and was told "sit down, shut up the state will sort it out".18 months on the state has decided that it can't sort that one out so I'll have to do it but they won't pay me because £300 is far, far too expensive.

No comments: