Thursday 19 October 2023

Operation Saxon Needles: Week 2, Day 6.

You do realise that I won't be building a wall immediately.

https://twitterwithbraincells.blogspot.com/2023/10/yeah-im-been-down-columbia-records-again.html

It's so much more ominous than that!

Basically I seem to have spent much of this year wandering around muttering;

"*tuts* I could fix that with a bit of cement."

"*tuts* I could fix that with a bit of cement."

"*tuts* I could fix that with a bit of cement."

So it's like a lot of little things. Which is why I brought the ingredients for many different types of mortar. Rather than ready-mix.

The first project I've got my eye on is a path which runs between two patches of grass. One I've designated; "Fox Nursery" and the strip of grass which the Foxes, through their debut beneath the spotlight, designated; "The Met Gala." Although under the current circumstances, it seems ruder not to redesignate it.

Between the path and the border of Fox Nursery there is a roughly 10mm wide strip of exposed soil. Which if you are grass or weeds is, apparently, the most exciting place to grow. I am very much fed up with weeding it.

So I'm not just going to cut the grass.

I'm going to kill the grass with a banned Chemical Weapons agent. Specifically Chlorine.

I am then going to rip out all of the roots with a very sharp tool.

I will then, literally, salt the earth.

Finally I will entomb it all in a sarcophagus so thick. Nothing will ever be able to even dream of growing there again.

Not that I've had time to fix the perished seal on the guttering endcap yet.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-weather-list-of-warnings-and-areas-as-storm-babet-set-to-sweep-south-from-scotland-12987595 

*Edited at 19:10 on 19/10/23 (UK date).

No comments: