Saturday 15 June 2013

My Stuff Has Arrived.

For Christmas 2012 I got an Amazon gift voucher. On Thursday (13/6/13) I finally got around to using it. Today I'm pleased to announce that by having each item delivered individually all four items have arrived un-stolen. If you're really that interested I brought;

The eighth and final season of House M.D meaning that I now have the full set.

A Pink Floyd greatest hits album called I think "A Foot in the Door." As sort of a genre defining band no music collection is really complete without a bit of Pink Floyd. It's also a great opportunity to remind everyone that I'm part of a very small group of people who've actually seen Pink Floyd live. Having only a limited idea of who they were I saw them at the 2005 Live 8 concert. I believe the official story is that Pink Floyd reformed because Bob Geldof refused to get off a train at East Croydon.

Ani Difranco's "Out of Range" album. Ani DiFranco is probably one of the most infuriatingly talented people to ever walk this earth so it only right I finally give her some money especially as it's actually someone elses money. Also I've had the song "You Had Time" stuck in my head for about four months now. Mind you having listened to it again the title track is also pretty appropriate.

Finally I brought a copy of a Canadian film called "Lost and Delirious." This is a film about teenage lesbians in a boarding school. However I caught a little bit of it on one of the cable channels a few weeks ago and it really reminds me of someone very specific. It is also from the same era as "Firefly." So much like Firefly I think I need to take more an interest in it then is probably healthy while I work out whether it's coincidence or conspiracy. My gut instinct says coincidence but don't be waiting with baited breath for a definitive answer.

Also as we enter the final few hours before the official start of the G8 Summit we once again seem to have got back into a discussion of Rihanna's menstrual cycle. Given that avoiding this topic was a large part of the reason for keeping Rihanna and Chris Brown separate during the tour break this strikes me as somewhat unnecessary. Mind you I will agree that it Rihanna is suddenly capable of virgin birth that would be news worthy.

Finally it has been announced today that the UK's London Metropolitan Police will be taking over the investigation of the Madeline McCann case. This is obviously a reference to my case because the High Court Judge who ruled that Madeline McCann is still alive was the same High Court Judge who gave the final ruling in my grandmother's case. I have no problem with the Metropolitan Police taking over the investigation providing that there is independent supervision ideally carried out by me. That's because under the Rome Statute the obligation for UK authorities to hand the case over to the International Criminal Court (ICC) is if they find themselves unwilling or unable to prosecute. Therefore fudging the investigation and then saying there is nothing that can be done is simply not an option. Not least because I alone have the evidence to convict the occupants of 50 Beechwood of public nuisance which is more than enough to bring about their eviction.


15:20 on 15/6/13.


Edited at around 19:10 on 15/6/13 to add;

Much to the chagrin of the listening station with my father out I've spent most of the afternoon watching a more classical - Royal Opera House - production of Carmen. With subtitles. At a bum-numbing two and a half hours you can see why BBC Three's recent one hour adaptation was a little bit thin. The full version is actually much more sympathetic to the Carmen/Rihanna character and it seemed appropriate. After all I'd forgotten all about the stuff about smuggling contraband past border guards.

Anyway my father's back now. The fact the national network moved him out of the way to give me a peaceful afternoon while the local network didn't seem to get the message does seem to say something about the pecking order doesn't it. Unless of course it's an elaborate bluff. The police still haven't responded to my Tweet so I may email them with the photographs tomorrow. After all failure to act after being presented with prima fascia evidence of an offence does rather demonstrate an unwillingness doesn't it.

No comments: