Thursday 22 May 2008

No doubt I'm going to get the blame for these two as well.

An explosive device has detonated at a restaurant in an Exeter shopping
mall.
One person, believed to be responsible for detonating the device, was
hurt in the blast at 1250 BST at the Giraffe restaurant in the Princesshay
centre.
A police spokesman said a 22-year-old man was in custody with
"slight injuries" including lacerations to his eye and some facial burning.
Chief Constable Stephen Otter said one device exploded in the restaurant and
another was found nearby. The second device did not explode. Officers
evacuated the city's bus station and extended an exclusion cordon 100 metres around the scene.

Mr Otter said: "The injured man had one of the explosive devices on
him, which partially went off. The other, in the vicinity of the restaurant, did not go off."

Stores in the area have been asked to retain any CCTV footage in case it is needed at a later date.

And;


Football fans held after defeat

Thirteen fans were arrested during clashes at Fulham Broadway
Police clashed with about 400 football fans in west London after Chelsea's defeat in the Champions League final.
One man suffered leg injuries when he was hit by a car in Fulham Broadway. A motorist was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and later bailed.
Five officers suffered minor injuries as fans threw bottles at police near Chelsea's Stamford Bridge stadium, after Manchester United took the title.
A total of 13 people arrested over the disturbance have been bailed.
Two men, aged 18 and 29, were held on suspicion of wounding and 10 other men were bailed on suspicion of violent disorder.

So while I thought I'd been doing bugger all over the last couple of days it turns out I've actually been really busy which comes as a surprise to me. A massive amount of sleepwalking is the only explanation I can think of and it would certainly explain why I'm always feeling so tired.

On a more personal note you'll be glad to hear that the British Government has decided their next move in my case. Now while a rational person would have accepted defeat and decided to play nice so we can all move on to a successful future the British Government have decided that instead they would much rather go back over old ground and unleash yet another "cunning plan" on me because the three previous cunning plans have be so full of cunning that they've produced a 100% failure rate but hey Zero for Three shouldn't be considered a bad score in anyone's book.

Their latest plan involves putting pressure on my father (one of their own you may remember) to throw me out of his house forcing me to go and share a flat with my younger brother when he returns home from Exeter university. Obviously I wont be in any way able to predict this happening and will then spill all my deepest darkest secrets to my brother because a 22 year old student will obviously be much better skilled to manipulate me then a 40 year veteran of the cold war.

This rather optimistic prediction of what is going to happen over the next six to eight months does however tell me two things about British Intelligence;

1. They really, really still don't have the faintest clue as to the situation they are looking at and trying to resolve.

2. They've got an admirable never say die attitude. We're now into the third year of this project and they've yet to make the slightest bit of progress and actually done themselves quite a bit of damage in the process but they still keep pressing on regardless. Personally I'm astounded and slightly in awe because I've known crack heads who are less confident in their abilities then this lot.

No comments: