Wednesday 14 May 2008

My grandmother excelled herself yesterday.

In the two hours between me going over to see if she needed anything when me and my dad went shopping and my dad popping over to see her after we got back from shopping she went to tidy up one of her bedrooms. In the process of doing this she fell and tipped a wicker chest thing on top of her trapping her there.

Apparently she was knocking on the window and shouting for help in such away as to draw the attention of the whole neighbourhood. The whole neighbourhood that is except me and my dad but that's probably because we're in a house with double glazed doors and windows that must now be kept locked after the magic burglars broke in to lift my brothers laptop.

I have to report that aside from being more then a little shaken by the whole experience my grandmother is ok with no permenant or indeed any injuries.

My dad on the other hand seemed slightly excited by the incident, in fact you could almost describe as him being happy about it but then what would expect because this is the man who refused my suggestion that we rig up a panic button so his mother could attract our attention if she needed help. The reason he gave for this is that he didn't want to be disturbed from his busy life chatting to his Internet friends.

Also he is of that personality type that it appeared to me that in fact over the last couple of months he has been repeatedly "programming" my grandmother into the belief that she must work every second of her day battling the immense pain she has from her dislocated hip to clear her rooms in sort of an attempt to get her to dig her own grave so he won't have to break his celebration of her death by tidying and clearing her house.

So against the backdrop of the terrible scenes of children being dug out from under the wreckage of buildings in China I had to go over to my grandmother with a deserved burden of guilt and attempt to equip her against yet another of my fathers attacks on her without allowing my father to profit from his violence. I know this sounds harsh but I did move here with the clear intention of helping my dad move on with his life. He re-payed this effort by abusing my trust and acting in such a way as to make sure all I will ever be allowed to do with my life is to act as his little slave. I will of course happily forgive him and get with that task just as soon as I am allowed to get on with my life.

I did that without much of a problem and also did it while very drunk, just to show off.

Interestingly enough I did get the slight impression that certain people in this country also enjoyed my grandmothers misfortune because they thought they would be able to use the event to portray me as evil for not joining in with a system which would allow people of my fathers flawed personality type to feast of the lives of my friends and loved ones.

No comments: