Wednesday 20 April 2011

Hello Sunshine.

After something of a harsh winter the weather in Britain seems to have decided not to bother with spring and moved straight to summer. This means we're currently enjoying 14-15 hours of unbroken sunshine and daytime temperatures of around 25C.

Yesterday I used the opportunity to finally get into town. After a trip the bank and buying some tedious work stuff like notebooks and folders I brought some new clothes. Specifically some light coloured trousers, a couple of T-shirts and a couple of shirts because the clothes I brought a few years ago are now starting to look a bit ragged. I also brought a couple of bargain bucket CD's and some cigarettes before stopping off for a quick beer in a very pleasant pub garden.

Also you may have noticed that I've sort of stopped making those "It's Tuesday and I'm back from the pub posts." The main reason for this is that after months of nothing happening I'd sort of run out of things to say. Also those posts were giving the Americans encouragement to perpetuate a situation that they'd been claiming to try and end for a couple of years. I might bring the posts back during big, international events but until then it's safe to say that the absence of a post proves the absence of a problem.

No comments: