Saturday 4 December 2010

What a Sad Little Man.

Today my father and grandmother went to a Christmas dinner at the London Welsh Guards association. There's no need to get excited about it because it's just an opportunity for my father to feel important and for the British Army to feel better about themselves by laughing at him. In fact one year they actually gave him a toy solider as a souvenir.

Before he went out for the day my father put on this huge performance about how the boiler had broken so I would have to spend the entire, very cold, day without central heating or hot water. After he'd left I inspected the boiler and discovered that the fault was the on/off switch that had been placed in the off position. So that was a problem solved with my day disrupted for a full minute. I only bring it up to explain what frisson of excitement the Brits have been feeling all day because they are really violently opposed to this COP16 thing.

No comments: