Monday 27 December 2010

So That Was Christmas

And now we get straight on to New Years. Due to my slightly unconventional family we actually get to stretch the traditional one day Christmas celebration into three or four days and we enjoyed them. We ate too much, drank too much and gave each other presents, some of which were better then others. Now it's all over though I can't help but admit that I'm getting a little bit bored.

We didn't have this problem last year because some Nigerian tried to blow up a plane over Detroit and I got to briefly tangle with the anti-terrorist police as they went to raid his London flat. In 2008 Israel launched Operation Cast Lead against Gaza which led to a 24 day war that killed close to 1500 people. This year there's been nothing and seeing as don't know much about politics in the Ivory Coast I am a bit of a loose end.

I suppose there's always the JoAnna Yeates story but personally I don't see what all the fuss is about. The Brits agreed to pay the penalty clause on October 12th 2010 and re-affirmed that commitment on November 3rd. In fact I only bring the matter up because now we've had the week long search for the missing woman and Christmas day discovery of her body the investigation is now focusing on Bristol's Clifton Suspension Bridge. For those of you who don't follow these sort of things the Clifton Suspension Bridge is a very famous suicide spot which is why it is covered by dozens of CCTV cameras and patrolled 24 hours a day by security guards. So focusing on it looks a lot like an attempt to assist a suicide. That's a shame because if we have to ruin the Christmas of a woman associated with the Wellcome Trust I thought we should start with Kara Tointon. After all it's not like she can actually read this.

Oh well there's always DVD's I suppose.

No comments: